Carmel was born in Queensland. She moved to Darwin, Northern Territory during her childhood where she remained, until relocating to Bunbury in late 2007. Carmel returned to Darwin in June 2013.
Choosing to remain in Darwin to attend university, Carmel completed her Bachelor of Laws and Bachelor of Economics at the Northern Territory University in 1999. Carmel then completed her year as an articled clerk at a large Darwin law firm where she practiced in the area of worker’s compensation and insurance litigation for more than three years after her admission in 2000.
During a short break from law, Carmel worked as a manager in a large national company which included work in human resources, employment and compensation issues and compliance with policies and procedures. During this time Carmel completed her Master of Laws and commenced her Master of Business Administration.
Carmel in 2008 returned to work as a lawyer, where she practices in areas of Family Law, Wills and Estate Planning and Deceased Estates.
Carmel completed her Master of Business Administration at Edith Cowan University. In 2011, Carmel completed her examinations (written and practical) to qualify as an Accredited Family Law Specialist.
Carmel is a passionate scuba diver and this passion combines well with her love of travel. You will often hear Carmel planning her next holiday to some exotic location.
- 2007-2010 Master of Business Administration, Edith Cowan University
- 2003-2005 Master of Law, Queensland University of Technology
- 1994-1999 Bachelor of Law, Northern Territory University
- 1994-1999 Bachelor of Economics, Northern Territory University
- 2011 Family Law Specialist Accreditation (WA)
- 2012 Independent Children’s Lawyer Training
- 2012 AIFLAM – Mediation Style Conferences Training
- Law Society of NT
- Law Society of WA
- Family Law Practitioners Association (WA)
- Family Law Section – Law Council of Australia